My poem about different hairs!

This is my poetry slam all about different hairs. I was learning that most poems don’t rhyme the way you’d expect it when you first make it or most poems don’t rhyme at all but show a meaningful story in it. I decide I would do different hairs because everyone has different hairs and some people wished they were born with different hairs which is why I decided I would make this type of poem about real life.

I found it easy to rhyme out the parts that I first thought wouldn’t rhyme until I said it. It was quite easy to make words for the poem and getting inspiration from different videos online that made poems about hair. I also found it easy to change/edit some of my words because some words didn’t make sense so I made sure to edit before I record it

I found it hard to find words that would be great with my poems while others were really easy.Because at the start I didn’t actually find inspiration so I had to make up some words that started becoming words I love because they do have a meaning behind it. I also found it hard to find the perfect background that would stand out with the photos about hairs.

I really enjoyed being able to  make this poem about hair because I know people would  relate to it which made me happy because most people feel insecure about there here so I feel quite happy about making this poem so they don’t feel insecure about about there hair but love their hair.

Next time I would probably change the background and the color of the title because It doesn’t really look that good with each other so that is what I would change next time if I ever do this again.

What do you think I should do next time?

4 thoughts on “My poem about different hairs!

1. Kia ora Stephanie,
    Well done for writing a poem about Hair. I especially liked the quality of your voice recording. It started to sound like a Rap towards the end.
    Have you written poems before doing the Poetry Slam? I think you have a talent for it.
    from Mrs Torrie

2. Kia ora Stephanie,

My name is Theresa and I am one of the Summer Learning Journal commenters.

Thank you for sharing your poem about hair! I think that your poem speaks a lot of truth! It is so important to be confident in yourself, your hair and your ancestry. Hair kind of tells a story doesn’t it?! I especially connected with this poem, as I love to put different colours in my hair to express myself!

What is your hair like? Do you have any styles that you like to do? Is your hair different or the same as your 3 other siblings?

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Ngā mihi
    Theresa

1. Kia ora Theresa

Here are my answers to your questions!
      What is your hair like?: My hair is very thick, medium when dry but long when wet!
      Do you have any styles that you like to do?: Yes! My top favourite is just a classic pony tail but I would sometimes style it by putting little braids with it when I want too. My other is a bun because with thick hair the back of your neck starts to get a little hot so when I do a bun it feels nice to let it breathe.
      Is your hair different from my siblings?: No not really. We all ended up getting the cook island hair from our father which is thick hair while a mother has thin.

I hope You had a wonderful day and I hope you liked my answers!

Nga mihi, Stephanie

3. Kia ora Stephanie,

You have answered my questions with a lot of detail thank you. My sister and I have very different hair – her hair is black curly and pretty wild to control. My hair is blonde and pretty fine. My brother on the hand has a combination he has a blonde brown thick head of hair – he got the best of both worlds. My sister and I have always wanted the others. Are you having a nice break with your siblings?

Theresa 🙂